Notes for authors
- Publishing for researchers
- Archiving and publishing of research data
- Procedure of submitting
1 Publishing for researchers of TU Braunschweig
As a researcher of TU Braunschweig, you can publish your electronic publications (articles from journals and books, conference proceedings, research reports, dissertations, etc.) Open Access, free of charge and for an unlimited period of time on LeoPARD, the institutional repository of TU Braunschweig.
There are two ways to publish:
- Primary publication: publishing a publication that has not been published anywhere else before.
- Self archiving: publishing a publication that has already been published by a publisher. Many journal publishers allow a further release on an institutional repository under certain conditions (e.g. after a defined embargo period, release of preprints, postprints). You can use the SHERPA/RoMEO list to find out what conditions each journal requires. The University Libraryoffers you support in checking your publication for a possible further release.
The Thesis Office is responsible for the electronic release of dissertations and habilitations. Detailed information is available on their website.
Your publications will be published in compliance with the applicable German copyright law, which means that the copyright remains with you. You only transfer the simple, unlimited right of use to Braunschweig University Library to reproduce, store, make the submitted publication publicly accessible on its servers. Please note that you may need to obtain the consent of co-authors for publishing. It is your responsibility to fulfill the copyright and exploitation rights of third parties.
Your publication will be given a persistent identifier (DOI, URN), will be long-term archived and can be linked to your ORCiD account. The metadata is indexed in common library catalogs and regularly harvested by search engines (e.g. German National Library, BASE, GoogleScholar, OpenAire). The publication server is OpenAire3.0 compatible and fulfills the requirements for a Horizon2020-funded publication.
2 Archiving and publishing of research data
As a researcher of TU Braunschweig you can archive and publish your research data on the official repository (LeoPARD) of TU Braunschweig. Your published dataset receives a persistent identifier (DOI, URN), is archived (currently only bitstream preservation) and can be linked to your ORCiD account. Published datasets can be provided open access or with restricted access. More information on archiving and publishing research data can be found in this guide.
- Affiliation: You are a member of TU Braunschweig or you publish work is related to the research region Braunschweig.
- Preservation of copyright: You need to have the copyright of the publication or, in case of co-authorship, you need to have the permission for publishing by your co-authors.
- Consent to the terms of the contract: You need to agree to our terms of contract for publishing your documents on LeoPARD. This is done by signing the application form (see "3. Procedure", step 1).
- Technical formats: You can publish any type of document (text, graphics, audio or video sequences, research data, etc.). The documents are not allowed to have any access restrictions. LeoPARD supports all file formats, but recommends the use of open formats (e.g. PDF/A, TeX, XML) that are suitable for long-term archiving and can be displayed by freely accessible viewing programs. In addition, the original format of the document can also be archived.
- Accessibility: Please note the accessibility requirements for your publication according to section 3 paragraph 1 to 4 and section 4 of the Barrier-Free Information Technology Ordinance (BITV 2.0), which were issued on the basis of section 12d of the Disability Equality Act (BGG).
- Research data: When archiving or publishing your research data, please make sure that the folder structure and file naming are comprehensible. In addition, your data set should include a README file with descriptive metadata.
4 Procedure of Submitting
Please fill in
- the application form "deposit_single" if you wish to submit one publication, or:
- the application form "deposit_multiple" if you wish to submit several publications, or:
- the application form "deposit_rd" if you wish to submit research data.
On the form you choose a license for the rights of use. We recommend using the Creative Commons license CC-BY. You can find more information on the license selection here.
You accept the terms of contract with your signature on the last page.
Please send the signed form by e-mail: ub-publikationsservices [at] tu-braunschweig.de or forschungsdaten [at] tu-braunschweig.de fax: 0531 391 5836, or (in-house)post to the University Library.
- via web form,
- by e-mail to ub-publikationsservices [at] tu-braunschweig.de (file size max. 50 MB),
- or on a suitable storage medium, which you send to us by (in-house) post.
- per Shibboleth - (Instructions)
- per E-Mail to forschungsdaten [at] tu-braunschweig.de
We check your submitted document and upload it to the publication server. You will receive a response by e-mail within one week.
We support you with your primary and self archiving publications. If you have any questions, please contact:
Publication services unit
Mrs. Blanck / Mr. Kissler
E-mail: ub-publikationsservices [at] tu-braunschweig.de
Phone: +49 (0)531 391 5052
For questions about publishing and archiving research data, please contact:
Research-related services unit
Mrs. Dr. Grunwald-Eckhardt
E-mail: forschungsdaten [at] tu-braunschweig.de
Phone: +49 (0)531 391 5019
For questions regarding the publication of dissertations, please contact:
E-mail: ub-diss [at] tu-braunschweig.de
Phone: +49 (0)531 391 5024 (Mon - Fri: 9.00 to 12.00)