Accessibility Statement (Statement status: 08/09/2022)
Technische Universität Braunschweig is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Niedersächsisches Behindertengleichstellungsgesetz (NBGG) (Lower Saxony Disability Equality Act), transposing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Based on the review, the website is not compliant with the aforementioned requirements in all places. The website https://leopard.tu-braunschweig.de is not yet finally barrier-free for the following reasons:
- Documents embedded in the web presence (.pdf, .doc(x), etc.).
- Documents posted before September 2020 may not be barrier-free. Due to the very large number of documents, they cannot be converted into an barrier-free format, as some of the source formats are missing and subsequent editing of the documents is disproportionately work-intensive. Documents provided by third parties may not be available in an accessible format (see Section 9 (2) sentence 2 NBGG). For newly published documents that fall under the responsibility of Braunschweig University Library, we strive to provide an accessible version in the future in a timely manner. For all other documents, we ask our data suppliers to observe the accessibility requirements.
- Information contained in the website in sign language and in easy language.
- We strive to use language that is as simple as possible. Due to the complex content that is published, at least in part, on our websites, it is not always possible to use simple language (for example, not using technical terms).
- Videos integrated in the web presence
- It has not yet been possible to provide videos with an audio description.
- Alternative texts (1.1.1 a-c )
- In some places, the alternative texts are missing. These will be added successively.
- HTML structure elements (1.3.1 a-f )
- Some HTML structure elements are only partially accessible because the corresponding bootstrap classes are missing. A revision is in progress.
- User data input fields convey purpose (1.3.5a)
- Forms do not use autocomplete. Forms lack "autocomplete" attributes, making them difficult to complete. Functionality should be added in an update in the future.
- Current position of the focus clearly (2.4.7a)
- The focus is not always visible when using the keyboard. Adjustment of the focus management will be done in the next fundamental revision of the website.
- Error detection (3.3.1a)
- Information in forms is not automatically checked before submission. This functionality will be added in the next major revision of the website.
- Status messages available programmatically (4.1.3a)
- There is no indication, either visually or in the screen reader, that the document has been placed on the watch list. The corresponding "Role" will be added as part of an update.
The identified technical deficits and deficiencies are currently in a continuous improvement process that is being successively worked through.
Preparation of this Accessibilty Statement
This statement was created on 08/31/2020 and last updated on 08/09/2022. The evaluation is based on a self-assessment.
Feedback and Contact Information
Use the following contact to report deficiencies in compliance with accessibility requirements and to request information about content that is exempt from the policy:
Technische Universität Braunschweig
Phone: +49 (0)531 391-5018
E-Mail: ub-publikationsservices [at] tu-braunschweig.de
If you have not received a satisfactory response to any notifications or enquiries about accessibility within six weeks, you can contact the State Representative for People with Disabilities in Lower Saxony.
State Commissioner for People with Disabilities
Telefon: +49 (0)511 120-4007
Fax: +49 (0)511 120-99-4036
E-Mail: Landesbeauftragte [at] ms.niedersachsen.de